|Home-made Necklace Display|
Before you start, prepare the things you need first – scissors, cord, hole punch, poster board, fabric, glue, printer and photocopier.
1. The first thing you need to do is get a template of a necklace display stand. These can usually be found online. The best thing about making your own necklace display is that you can control the colors of your display equipment. If you know how to use photoshop, you can easily change its color. But if not, print out the template on a colored piece of paper.
2. If you’re not satisfied with the size of the template you’ve printed, get a resize of it using a photocopier. Standard necklace displays have a size of about 10 inches. If you’re planning to display longer necklaces, you might want to consider the length of the display. Resize your display until you’ve gotten the appropriate measurements.
3. Next, use paste or glue to stick the template onto the poster board. Since poster boards are hard enough to stand alone, you can use this for lighter necklaces. However, if you have plans of displaying heavy jewelry like beaded and pearl necklaces, you can use cardboard instead. Gemstones are too heavy for cardboard, so you might want to look for a sturdier base material.
4. If you don’t like the color of your template, use fabric to cover the template. If you have a specific color in mind, this is your chance to change the color of your display. If you’re a little pickier with the look of your display, use velvet or leather for your display. Avoid using wet glue when you stick this onto the template. Wet glue causes the fabric to wrinkle. Instead, use stick glue to keep the fabric tight, but never wrinkle.
5. Wait for a few hours for the glue to dry.
6. Use a puncher to create two holes at the bottom corners. The template itself will guide you on where to punch the hole. Use any sharp object to fold the lines on the template. For ease, you can also use a knitting needle. If your template is glued to cardboard, flip the template over and draw the lines with paper knife for easy folding. Once you’ve gone through the lines in the template, fold it until it remains in its place.
7. Once the template has been folded, pierce a thread of cord into the holes to tie it up.
This should allow your necklace display to stand. Congratulations! You’ve made your own jewelry display!